September 16, 2017

WHO I AM


WHO I AM

On a slide, under the microscope,
tissue says I am bone and flesh and blood.
My swift life propelled by a pulsing heart,
legs to walk me down paths that lead somewhere;
two eyes that see and too long had been blind
to what really matters in this meantime world.
Both of my faces played out accordingly:
opportune smiles, the look of malcontent.
A seeker of truth rummaging the wrong
treasures, I sought silver and gold, bright stones,
all false measures that mislead pilgrim souls.
One day in prayer I heard His voice reveal
to me how to live a life a child of God,
repent of sin, amend the wrongs I’d done,
love the Creator, Redeemer, Giver of life,
wear the armor, battle the demons.
The new road I walk leads to Heaven.
One day I’ll lay aside this shell for glory.


#

No comments:

Post a Comment